Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Silvie's Point of View

We stood there for a few seconds before I finally spoke up, "Sienna, we have to find out who is doing this and what we are up against."
Sienna nodded slowly. "What do you propose we do then?"
I thought for a moment. "I don't know. I just... don't know. But we'll find a way."
The rest of the day was spent in quiet conversation-neither of us left the room except for supper, which we ate very little of-we had hardly any appetite.

That night, I slept close to Sienna, for I was overcome and overwhelmed with conflicting thoughts. Where do we go? How do we get there? What do I have to do to help Sienna?
Suddenly, a light broke through my pondering. I recognized it with a leap of joy as being the man's-it struck me that I didn't know his name.
Light and beauty cloaked him like a garment and I once again felt the fear and peace that, mixed together, felt...right.
"My child, you have questions?"
I nodded, rising from the bed to fall to my knees before him. "But first-what is your name?"
The man smiled benevolently down at me. "You need not know my name, child. I say this for your own good. The knowledge would be too much for you-not yet. Know me as the Helper, the Comforter, the Strength. Now, what are your questions, dear child?"
I knew that this man knew-he knew my questions which I would voice, and the ones which I was too ashamed to admit even to myself-he knew me completely. A queer thought struck me then. He knows all of my faults-and yet-he still cares for me? I couldn't understand it, but I didn't need to. "Who are we fighting? how do we defeat it? What do we do?"
"You fight something which shall have no other name than Evil. Only Sienna can defeat it, for it is her battle. You are permitted to assist her, but in the end, she must make the choice. I will show you where to go-you shall know the correct path."
And then he was gone, and I realized with a shock that I hadn't even left the bed, and was still lying beside Sienna. Twisting in the bed, I shook her shoulder gently. "Sienna, I need to tell you something."

4 comments:

  1. what happened to all our commenters?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think they gave up on us, Anora. :) We took too long to post. Oh well. It's fun to write anyways.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't worry. They will come back. I worked on the post. Should we rap it up and come back to the scene from Sienna and her thoughts? Or should you add. Either way look at the post.
    Anora

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really? They'll come back? It's been WEEKS now. :) Maybe we should retire. :)

    ReplyDelete