Saturday, February 19, 2011

Silvie's point of view

I don't know how long we rode. I didn't know where I was going. I just knew that we were supposed to go there. At every turn I was more sure of the correct path, and that I was on it. Somehow. To this day I don't know how.
Finally though, I realized that Sienna was growing weary. I was tired too, though not quite so tired as I would usually have been.
We had long ago passed the buildings of the city. Now we rode on a dirt road in between seemingly endless fields of grass. I stopped and waited for Sienna to catch up.
When she did, we let the bikes fall beside us and sat down. I drew my sweater closer about me and pulled the hood up. It was chilly, as morning was approaching.
"Let's eat something."
There was no reply.
I looked toward my friend. Panic shot up me at what I saw. That same blank, and yet frantic look filled her eyes. She sat completely motionless, except for her lips, which were forming words that I couldn't hear.
"Sienna," my voice sounded hollow.
She didn't flinch. No recognition showed on her face. What is she doing now? I thought frantically.
"Sienna!" I said, louder this time. Closing my eyes, I forced myself to calm down. Unwillingly, I placed shaky hands on her shoulders. "Sienna," I murmured, "Stop this, right now. This is Silvie."
I heard her gasp and I opened my eyes. It was clear that she saw me now.
"Sienna," I whispered, suddenly weary. "What happened?"
My friend's face was pale, and I knew that it wasn't only because of the morning light. Her voice rasped as she spoke, "I-I was writing in my mind."
My eyes widened in horror as I realized what she had just said. Not only can she write on paper...she can do it in her mind. I tried to sound calm, despite my fear. "So-you don't need paper? It can happen anyways?"
Sienna nodded, looking down.
I swallowed. "It's alright. I stopped you from it." I didn't ask her what she had been writing of. I didn't want to know. "As long as I can stop you, we'll be just fine. I'll just have to keep a better watch on you. Let's rest for a while-in the field. Morning will soon come, and we'll need to be on our way again."
I just hope our parents send the police out looking for us. 
"Thank you, Silvie."
I smiled, once again reminded that she was my best friend. She was still Sienna, no matter what. No writing attack could change that. I still loved her. She still loved me.
That bond would serve to assist us in our quest for writer's block.

3 comments:

  1. I can't wait for the next part! Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. THanks. We had kind hit a...wall.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was just waiting for someone to notice the post. :) I'll begin on the next one.

    ReplyDelete