Sunday, November 28, 2010

Sienna

I dropped my pencil. It rolled along the floor before stopping abruptly. Yet that was the least of what was on my mind. A sharp pain had hit me. I had been doing nothing but writing, but it had just begun hurting. It was then that I noticed a bruise on my arm. It was huge, and purple and blue. I stared at it in surprise. I had not had it before, had I? I was still staring at my bruise when Silvie, my closest friend, strode into the room. At first, I did not notice her, because I was so preoccupied with my newly acquired injury.
"Um...Sienna?" She started.

"Oh, Hello, Silvie." I replied, covering my bruise with my hand.


"What is that?" She asked, practically staring through it.


I, attempting not to wince as pain shot through my arm, replied "Oh... it's just a bruise."


Silvie walked over to me, and gently removed my hand from it. She examined the bruise carefully. "Now how in the world would you get such a nasty bruise? I have been with you all day!" She declared, as surprised as you would ever catch her.
I shook my head. "I-I don't know. It just-appeared."
Silvie sighed. "You were trying to climb out the window again, weren't you?" she glanced at me sharply, "You didn't fall off, did you?"
I shook my head, almost smiling. "No. Honest, I didn't. It just...happened. I really don't know, Silvie."
She sighed once again. "Alright, alright. Your mom says we should go to bed now. It's ten o'clock already, you know."
I nodded, still puzzled. "Alright. Let's sleep in my room. I'll share the bed with you."
Silvie smiled. "Okay, but I warn you, I have a big space bubble!"
Laughing, and brushing my confusion aside, I stood and we raced for the mutual favourite side of the bed.

My eyes opened suddenly. I felt my hands reach to push the blanket from me. My feet moved to the desk, and I flipped the light switch on.
I could faintly hear Silvie beside me, groggily questioning. "Sienna, what are you doing? It's three o'clock at night."
I picked up a pencil and sat down. My hand set to scribbling, and pictures flashed before my eyes, more bright and vivid than I had ever before imagined. Words turned to sentences, sentences to paragraphs, and my writing was not my own. I could not control it. A story played before my eyes. A strange feeling overcame me, and I did not know if I liked it or not. I saw the vibrant picture yet again. I saw a lady. She looked quite familiar to me, but I could not place my finger on it. She was in her car, and she took a sharp turn. I heard the thunderous crash, and the horrendeous sight. Her eyes closed and her head laid on the steering wheel. Her hand slung and drooped over it, limp as a ribbon.

I finished and dropped my pencil. I caught my breath, realizing that the force had made me short of it. Silvie gave me a queer expressions.

"Sienna, what in the world was the meaning of that?" She asked. "And why on earth were you writing about my mom getting into a car accident?"

"Silvie, I have no idea. I just... had to." I replied.

"Well, we better get back to bed," Silvie said, gazing at me oddly.


I agreed and we climbed back into the warm, cozy bed. We were just about to drop back to sleep when we heard the ring of the phone. A few seconds later my Mom came back into the room. She had a worried expression on her face. With a voice full of concern, she said, "Silvie, you mother just got in a car accident. She's in a coma."

No comments:

Post a Comment