Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Silvie's Point of View

Taking a shaky breath, I forced myself to calm my mind. The doctors said that mom would be alright. But it would take at least three weeks in the hospital, and months of recovery at home. Sienna's mom invited that I stay with them. Dad accepted. I don't know if I like the idea. I feel...almost...angry at Sienna. My mind spun. How could I ever feel this way to my best friend? We had been close...ever since I could remember. Of course there had been the occasional spat, but never...never this. Not only was I angry with her, I was afraid. If Sienna could control her writing, and was purposefully...but what if she couldn't control it? Which one was worse? I decided it was high time to have a talk with Sienna. Taking another breath, I made my way to her room, which Sienna and I would be sharing for the next several weeks. Sienna had locked herself in there and hadn't emerged for the past hour.
Giving a tentative knock, I composed myself, and by the time the answering, "come in," was given, I was ready.
Sienna was sprawled out on her bed, appearing quite miserable.
"Sienna, I need you to tell me the truth about this writing business, and all of it. I need to know."
Sienna looked pained. "I told you the truth, Silvie! I can't control it, and I had no idea that it would really come true. It's like-like when you have one of those urges to write, except, I couldn't control it at all. Silvie, I'm scared. I don't know what' happening, or when it's going to hit next."
Silvie stared at the opposite wall. "If you're not controlling it...who is?"
"I don't know, Silvie. I just...don't know."
That night I slept on the floor, and Sienna on the bed. I was quiet the whole night. Most of the time I was waist deep in thoughts.




9 comments:

  1. The next post will tell you... don't worry... this is good versus evil here.
    Anora

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Anora
    checked out this blog, and I like it too! Have you gotten your writing published anywhere yet? I can tell your writing certainly is of publishable quality. Though I may not completely understand it yet, I love the story!
    Mattie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anora: Ohhh, So cool! I can't wait to see what happens next! I love this idea. The Good, The bad, and the really, really, good story! ;D
    Mattie: It makes sense if you read through it a few times. If you don't get it, read it again! It usually works for me! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mattie: It is my goal to publish though in my mind my writing is far from publishing worthy. I think of my writing as bad, though Alistar seems to like it. I have a feeling the book that Alistar, Lauren and I made will someday be in a bookstore. I will definitely tell U if we publish it.
    Anora

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the story idea!
    I hope to be a writer when I grow up but have trouble finishing my stories.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so good! I have read many books that have won awards and they were not half as good as this!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anora, when do you want to publish this next post? I think I wrote most of what needs to be said, but you should make sure.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ok, I will go on, edit it and post. Look at Mattie's post. I think we should really get working on Under the Shadow of the Oak!
    Anora

    ReplyDelete