Monday, November 29, 2010

Sienna's Point of View

The car drove past the accident sight and I felt my body go numb. I'd seen that whole seen before... I'd seen it in my head. I saw the whole accident, and I now recognized the lady in the car who I had seen in my head... Silvie's Mom. I tried to think of some other explanation. I couldn't think that I nearly killed my best friend's Mom.!Surely there had to be another explanation! My mind raced, trying to come to a different reason, but I knew that this was the place I had seen in my head. What I wrote had come true.

Thousands of questions spun around in my head and I felt as if I was waist-deep in thought as we reached the hospital. Why did it come true? Why couldn't I control my own writing?

Silvie's face turned to a ghostly white as the car stopped. We walked into the hospital and a nurse led us into the room.

Silvie was about to walk in when she stopped.

"What is it?" I asked.

"I... I am afraid to go in there and see what my Mom looks like." She whispered.

"Hold my hand and we'll do it together." I said. I didn't mention that I knew what she looked like already. I didn't mention that it had been the worst thing I had ever experienced in my life

She hesitated, and the conflicting look on her face smote me hard. She didn't trust me. My best friend in the entire world was...afraid of me. But at last, she took my hand, if haltingly, and we walked in the room to find Silvie's mom, tubes spilling about her bed. She looked as if she was sleeping so peacfully.

My Mom went to go talk to the doctor, so Silvie and I sat on the chairs in the corner of the room.

"Silvie..." I started,

"What is it, Sienna?" She asked.

"Silvie, I didn't do this on purpose! I can't control my writing!" I struggled to tell her what I was so desperate to explain. "Something just...comes over me. I can't help it! My hand isn't my own, nothing is, not even my mind. It scares me, Silvie, and..." I broke off, tears filling my eyes. I so badly wanted her to know that I couldn't control this, even more than I wanted to know why I wasn't able to. Silvie's relationship was the most important thing on this earth to me. I couldn't lose it.
Silvie took a breath. "I know, Sienna, I know."
But I could see in her eyes that she didn't, not really. She was trying...but...
"We'll find out what's wrong." she paused, "Could I see mom now-alone?"
I nodded, although tears still blurred my vision.

3 comments:

  1. So cool! I can't wait to read the rest!

    ReplyDelete
  2. on my blog shelly said she would go and check it out when I told her about it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I cannot wait to read more!(I am dropping a hint here.)

    ReplyDelete